Thailand’s extensive coastline is full of hundreds of dreamy tropical islands, each one fabricating a fascinating combination of beaches, tropical forests, and dreamy resorts.
It is only standard that couples and newlyweds would seek to explore Thailand as their top dream destination with the country’s booming tourist activity. The only question is which island they should go for, considering all have various components essential for a romantic escape (7).
The best island for couples in Thailand is Phuket. With sand beaches, chic beach resorts, colorful shorelines, and watersport activities, Phuket is also one of the top getaway locations for couples and honeymooners; home to couple spas and sessions, tourist attractions, and candlelight dinners.
Phuket is romantic in itself and for several reasons that we are yet to explore in this article. Without a doubt, it will be the island of your dreams and a trip with your partner worth remembering.
Couples Guide in Phuket: Romantic Activities To Do Together
Phuket is the perfect romantic holiday, full of great activities to enjoy with your loved ones throughout the morning and nighttime. From going on island-hopping through fabulous Phang Nga Bay, you can start your day with a fantastic sunrise or end it with a breathtaking sunset.
To help plan your ideal romantic getaway, here are some places you can visit while spending time with your loved ones and treating them to the best of the best (6).
Buy Fresh Flowers:
Flowers are the key to a girl’s heart (so, we hear). Phuket’s Patong Bangla Road is full of wandering peddlers that sell roses. Additionally, several flower stalls on the island, full of bouquets and florists that provide affordable gift ideas (6).
20/18 Vichitsongkram Road, Phuket Town, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
+66 (0)76 354 551
2. Rosa Rose Flowers
89/2 Moo 7, Vichitsongkram Road, Kathu, Phuket, 83120 Thailand
+66 (0)64 551 4565
3. Florist Phuket
130/125 Jomtao Road, Thepkasattri, Phuket 83110, Thailand
Phuket is famous for its jewelry. It is often assumed that Phuket is selling gold for a fraction of the usual problem. However, that is not the case because you have probably been scammed into buying fake gold if it were. Phuket is well-known in the region for having a high gold purity rate of 96.5% compared to western countries (6).
Buy Floating Lanterns:
Phuket is also known for floating lanterns. Sold all around wandering street vendors, Phuket sells products at 200 baht per lantern, with the vendors also helping you light it. Sold around Kata, Karon, and Patong, there are few laws regarding how far they can be lit. Authorities must keep watch on lanterns at the risk of setting fires (6).
Go to Romantic Festivals:
Phuket is most famously regarded as a home for romantic festivities. For example, the Loy Krathong is a famous festival in November. With hundreds of lit paper lanterns called krathongs (lotus-shaped rafts), Thai people release them into the sky and put them into the water in the evening.
The festival is very big on celebrating couples and their need for long-lasting love; it is a good sign if krathongs stay close together in the water as couples should in the real world (6).
Another event is the Baba Wedding Festival held in mid-June to celebrate the traditions of the Thai-Chinese community; this event’s biggest highlight is the mass wedding ceremony, which you can participate in while paying a fee (6).
Stay at Romantic Resorts
The region is also famous for its romantic resorts. Hotels are rooted in scenic views, privacy, first-rate spas, five-star diving, and comfortable furniture. Moreover, alternatives come with romantic activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and couple sessions at Thai spas. You can also book tickets for tourist attractions in Kata Noi Beach, Patong Beach, Karon View Point, and Old Phuket Town (7).
Places to stay include the Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, The Shore at Katathani, Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, and Anantara Phuket Villas (7). Resorts are also easy-reach within the Phuket International Airport, which offers shuttle services and taxis.
Phuket as a Wedding Destination
Moreover, Phuket is the perfect place to hold or have your dream wedding. If you are appropriately registered or documented within the local authorities, you can have a fully legal and globally recognized marriage. Phuket also provides wedding packages that can help you decide the perfect resort and ways to be a step ahead with a wedding planner (3).
As a wedding is an exceptional start to a couple’s life, it is only mandatory that the location builds on that love, affection, and understanding. Phuket is undoubtedly one of the best places to plan for and hold a wedding. The island is located in the Andaman Sea with sandy beaches, beautiful waters, and a postcard-like appearance (3).
4 Reasons Why Phuket is a Top Wedding Destination
1. Stunning Views:
Phuket has a stunning picturesque view of the crystal blue island waters and elevated levels where the city resides amongst hilltops and mountain viewpoints. It would mainly be a wonderful place to have a wedding during the sunrise (3).
2. Beautiful Beaches:
There are not just one but dozens of beaches to choose from for your wedding needs. All of them offer a variety of atmospheres, facilities, sceneries, and textures of sand. The top 10 beaches include Kata Beach, Freedom Beach, Kata Noi Beach, Ya Nui Beach, Surin Beach, Paradise Beach, Nai Harn Beach, Bangtao Beach, Patong Beach, and Karon Beach (2).
3. The Home of Other Islands:
Phuket is also famously known for its variety of islands. Phuket has its personality when it comes to romanticism, from tiny rocks to inhabitable, more extensive lands on the Andaman Sea. Some examples of islands include Phi Phi Islands, Similan Islands, Racha Islands, Coral Island, Koh Yao Yai, Koh Khai Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Maphrao, and Koh Rang Yai (4).
Phuket is also home to a fantastic nightlife scene. The city is the perfect area for nighttime drinking, partying, and dancing for couples. There is also a large variety of bars and beach clubs. Here are the top areas to celebrate nightlife to your fullest (5):
- Soi Bangla: Home to international standard nightclubs and beer bars, there is a wide selection of street performers, vendors, go-go bars, lounge bars, games, and live music. Moreover, it is the perfect place to hang out with friends.
- Phuket nightclubs: Patong is famous for its notorious nightlife, located in the heart of Phuket. Compared to Bangkok, the party sphere is more relaxed but still proclaims global recognition as a notably enthusiastic party atmosphere.
- Beach clubs: Phuket is also familiar with modern restaurant bars and organizing events with some of the most recognized DJs and artists. Beach clubs are classy yet straightforward, the perfect setting and elements for a fancy night out.
- Sunset bars: Phuket is also well-known for its fantastic sunset bars. High on Kata Hill overlooking Nata Koi Beach is a popular starry night collection of bars and restaurants. Venues are open throughout the day but busiest around dusk.
- Simon Cabaret: Another famous Phuket institution is the Simon Cabaret, a single shophouse that has grown over the years for its transvestite/transgender representation and extravaganza.
- Live music: Patong is also the center of live music, with venues hosting heavy metal tribute bands. Some famous areas include Rockin’ Angels and Timber Hut.
Phuket is the Center for Couple Relaxation
After spending a tiring day out, you will desire a comfortable place to relax. Well, you’re just in luck as Phuket has excellent hotels and beach resorts at affordable prices. With tourist guides, pamphlets, and easy connections, you can plan your island trip in no time.
Here are a few examples of top romantic resorts in Phuket to ensure that you will have the best possible time (1,8):
|Diamond Cliff Resort||284 Prabaramee Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand||5/5|
|The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa||32 Moo 5 Tambol Paklok, Amphur Thalang, Naka Yai Island, Pa Klok, Phuket, 83110, Thailand||5/5|
|Trisara||หมู่ที่ 6 60/1 ถนน ศรีสุนทร Choeng Thale, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand||5/5|
|The Bell Pool Villa Resort Phuket||41/31 Moo 5, Baan Hua Khuan, Soi Bell, Kamala, Kathu, 83150, Thailand||5/5|
|Katathani Phuket Beach Resort||14 Kata Noi Rd, Karon, Phuket 83100, Thailand||4/5|
|Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort||198/8-9 Thaweewong Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand||4/5|
|Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket||290/1 Prabaramee Rd, Tambon Patong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand||4/5|
|The Marina Phuket Hotel||240/9 Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Kathu Patong Beach 83150, Thailand||4/5|
|Mangosteen Ayurveda & Wellness Resort||99, Soi Mangosteen, Rawai, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83130, Thailand||4/5|
|Chanalai Garden||Kata Beach, 247 Kata Rd, Tambon Karon, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand||4/5|
|Palmyra Patong Resort||91/3 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road PaTong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand||3/5|
|Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa||3 Soi Karon, Soi 2 Karon Beach Amphoe Muang District Phuket 83100, Thailand||3/5|
All in all, Phuket is the perfect destination for couples. If you are looking to go for your honeymoon or spend time with your significant other, Phuket is home to various cultures and activities.
The island is the key to getting close to your significant other, whether buying flowers, shopping for jewelry, lighting lanterns, or planning your wedding. Moreover, Phuket is home to incredible nightlife, islands, beaches, and resorts that offer facilities, ensuring relaxation and romance.
Like always, if you want to discover more about Thailand, stay guided with ThaiGuider. You might learn something you never knew about this unique country.
1. Agoda. Discover The Neighborhoods Of Phuket Province. Agoda. [Online] [Cited: December 19, 2021.] https://www.agoda.com/region/phuket-province-th.html?cid=1844104/.
2. Reeves, Ben and Go Guides. Best Phuket Beaches. Hotels.com. [Online] [Cited: December 19, 2021.] www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-phuket-beaches/.
3. Tsung, Han. 5 Reasons Why Phuket Is The Best Destination For Couples . Jantra By CHINOCOLLECTION. [Online] April 28, 2020. https://chinocollection.com/5-reasons-why-phuket-is-the-best-destination-for-couples/.
4. Audiger, Stephan and Go Guides. 9 Best Islands Around Phuket. Hotels.com. [Online] [Cited: December 19, 2021.] https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-islands-around-phuket/.
5. —. 11 Best Nightlife Experiences In Phuket. Hotels.com. [Online] [Cited: December 19, 2021.] https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-phuket-nightlife/.
6. Go Guides. The Honeymoon Guide To Phuket. Hotels.com. [Online] [Cited: December 19, 2021.] https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/phuket-honeymoon-guide/.
7. Walia, Kushal. 10 Best Islands In Thailand For Honeymoon (2022). Travel Triangle. [Online] October 21, 2021. https://traveltriangle.com/blog/best-islands-in-thailand-for-honeymoon/?utm_source=blog_gn/.
8. Brenda. Where To Stay In Phuket: 30 Best Hotels For Couples Getaway – Updated 2021. Trip101. [Online] November 16, 2021. https://trip101.com/article/where-to-stay-in-phuket-best-hotels-for-couples/.
THINKING ABOUT A TRIP TO THAILAND?
I am working on a FREE Thailand Travel Guide with a FULL 7 Day Itinerary. Be the first to receive it!
Thank you for signing up.
Something went wrong.